Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ex Wants to Be Friends But I Want More!

If you're saying to yourself, "My ex wants to be friends, but I want more," you need not ask the question of, "What should I do?" You've already answered the question with the fact that you want more than just friendship.

It's always a painful experience when your once boyfriend or girlfriend all the sudden wants to demote you into that dreaded "friend zone." Why did I use the word demote? Because that's exactly what it is. It's a demotion. It's them telling you that you're no longer good enough to be intimate with, but I still want you to be around.

Never do I fall for the friend zone trap if I still have feelings for an ex. I know first hand that it absolutely wont work, and it's a shame that most people do not use common sense and realize just how risky that proposal is.

Actually, not only will it not work, it will end badly. It will end up with me getting used, frustrated, and then pissed off. I think you can only guess what will happen when someone gets pissed off, right? Yes, drama. Arguments, fights, and drama that could've been avoided in the first place.

I like to laugh at those who think they're tough enough to handle being friends with an ex after a break up. Usually, they discard my advice and a few months later they come  back saying that I was right and what should they do now?

What do you mean what should you do now, I'll often say. You completely shrugged off my advice and committed the ultimate mistake in trying to get an ex back. Look, when you choose to remain friends with an ex, it's only to one person's benefit and it ain't yours.

You can read the article I posted on  Staying Friends With Someone You Love and why it's a huge mistake. Actually, I suggest you read that one and also click the link to read:


Why Ex Girlfriend Wants To Be Friends? The Cold Hard Reasons!

After reading these two articles, I'm sure...well, I hope...you realize just why staying friends with an ex directly after a break up is the worst possible strategy ever.

2 comments:

  1. This is very true , why be friends with an ex when theres plenty of other people to be friends with ?
    And why would you remain friends with someone who has used or two timed you ?
    Keep them at a distance , remain civil , dont ignore them ,just dont hang out with them, tell them your "busy" if they want to talk ...... in short , keep it short , act indifferent to them because one day you will be and lets face it , , when you meet someone you truly love , whether you were dumped or you did the dumping , you wont even think about being friends with an ex , because you wont care !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and this is one of the main points to the get your ex back strategy - One has to move on and start fresh with an ex. Trying to pick up where you left off with an ex will only lead you to a breakup again.

    Many don't realize this, and many think that they can just pick up where they left off. I'm trying to teach that that way of thinking is wrong.

    Thank you for comment. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete